donderdag 19 februari 2009

Bubbles...Bubbles...


Was testing a new Macro Set-up today where i have used a styrofoam bowl with a plastic cap (see picture). I cut a hole in the plastic cap to fit the external flash in and use a macro flash bracket wich was made by my good friend Wim wich i altered slightly to get the right angle. There is a Kaiser sort of mini balhead to get the right angle for the flash and an off-camera shoe cord to get the flash working. Ofcourse i work with a remote control in order to get sharp results.The advantage of this set-up is ofcourse to get softer light and less shadows. Looks stupid.....yes it does...but hey...where not doing macro for the looks..

I tested the rig with some waterdrops today and also tried some shots with drops of olive oil and lemon oil to get a nice coloured effect. You gotta do something when there's no insects available...



Here's some of today's results...




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie plaatsen